Thursday, January 1, 2015

Mock-up frame

Well today I thought I would try my template to make sure it would be sufficient.  I had some pine laying around from prior projects and thought I would give it a go.
Simple enough. I decided to mock up frame three, since it is probably the largest of the frames being midship.
Cutting the frame member with a jig saw seemed to work best for me. I have a nine inch band saw, but I do need to switch to a courser blade before attempting that again.
Ok just going to let you know now... if your reading this I had to type it out on my phone; I left the laptop at work today. My apologie on the typos. Thumbs werent meant for blogging.
Anyway got frame three completed. So I can get a rough estimate that the templates do work. I checked the frame against the full size layout plans and was pretty happy. Also got to see roughly how it will fit within my garage and what space I will have to work around it. Not bad.
This was not a necessary step today but A fun project to do while I await the real lumber.



No comments:

Post a Comment