Sunday, March 1, 2015

Frame #1

Been a couple of week since I've had any boat work time. Today just wanted to get the members cut and epoxy on frame 1. This is probably the quickest frame to build but one of the hardest to glue up. I layed the frame on top of the ply and screwed through the wood frame into the ply to start with then flipped the assembly over and sent screws through the ply into the solid frame as well. Probably a little over done but I am certain it is well attached for the epoxy to setup.
I also cut the top member today for the transom. Tricky getting the angle cut across the top member. Not sure if I am going with the inboard or out board yet so I will continue on following the plans for inboard as they can be modified easier to accept outboard versus trying to add parts for an inboard.
So far had to scrap about three different boards that developed a crack while cutting frame members out. Devastating but I'll find use of them on somthing I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment